Fashion Friday: Miss Bicol University 2013

Since intramurals and pageants are again at it's peak, gowns and crowns will definitely be in again.

I was all throughout ever surprised and amazed when I knew my Yobo's ssister is into pageants that I usually want to watch her on it. I met Katrina Villanueva, way back in 2011 when Yobo introduced her me in Mang Inasal at Embarcadero when we were about to have our dinner. She was his sister. She was then a contender for Miss Embarcadero 2011. From there, I started to really be amused and as well admired her to having the confidence, the brains and as well as beauty in joining to such competitions. It was almost one of my frustrations way back when I was in my high school to college era. 

Then I also learned that she gained already the title of Miss Camalig. So from there, I started to have the enthusiasm to support her or even just watch her if ever she'll be joining another competition. But sadly as years passed by 2011-2012, I wasn't able to watch her and support her than lead to my frustrations as well. That's why I oath that if ever I'll be able have the opportunity for this year, I will definitely watch her and support her. Sadly the time she joined the Miss BUCS (Bicol University College of Science) 2013 for their intrams, I wasn't able to watch since I didn't have any companion and Yobo was then had his shift moved to mid shift. The more instance that I will not really be able to watch it. She won as 2nd Runner up by then. 

Surprisingly, she became the representative of BUCS due to some circumstances making her the contender for the Mister and Miss Bicol University 2013. The pageant took place last September 19, 2013 at Albay Astrodome. 

Photo by J. Lastimosa. Might and Beauty.
From there, I told myself, all through-out I will definitely support her and will do anything just to watch the pageant. I was more happy when Yobo's shift was moved to morning again, the more I get the chance to support her and able to witness her in a pageant.

Add caption
We were all full force and as well as ready to give all our might as well as to support this beauty.

Ever BUCS students and councils showed their support
Everyone from the BUCS was really there all throughout to show their deepest support and willing to sacrifice their vocal chords just to cheer her. GO KAT!! 

Agents starting to reveal their identitites
Photo by Shanti: A cool agent motif introduction number

The pageant of Mister and Miss Bicol University 2013 was an Agent inspired theme. The more we really felt cool and as well it was really awesome!

Photo by Shanti: With confidence introducing herself
Photo by Wang: Sexy agent number 13.


Photo by Wang: Mister and Miss BUCS confidently ramps their swim & formal wears
Photo by Johnry Lastimosa. Pretty and elegant blue gown perfectly fits K. Villanueva

We were all throughout support to her and was also feeling even nervous as the competition goes nearer to the crown. She wasn't able to harvest and get most of the awards but still we are confidently praying that she will definitely make it to the Top and nearer to having the crown. She was able to get the Miss Talent Award. We shouted at the top of our lungs when she was getting her award.

Then came the Top Seven (7), where she made it. The more we really felt nervous and continuously pray and hope she'll make it to the next phase. Luckily, she was able to answer the question in confidence that she was able to make through the Top Four (4).

Photo by J. Lastimosa. K. Villanueva patiently waits for her turn to pick and answer her question
Photo by J. Lastimosa. K. Villanueva answers the question with all through confidence

Yobo's father and mother started to really feel nervous and starts to eagerly pray that she will make it to the crown. Then she was the last one to answer the final question, and we were really confident that she will definitely get the crown as she answered it confidently and with flying colors.

Photo by Shanti: K. Villanueva having an ease conversation with the hosts
Photo by K. Lastimosa. As she confidently answers the question with no second thoughts
Then the moment of truth came, there were already two of them. The battle between BUCS and BUCENG. As the emcees, slowly and loudly proclaimed the Miss Bicol University 2013, it was none other than our pretty Katrina Villanueva.  We suddenly stood from our since and took us about 5-10 minutes nonstop jumping for joy when she was crowned. The more I was really happy when I witnessed how Yobo's family was really proud and as well jumped for extreme happiness of her achievement.

Photo by Avant Studios. Pretty Kat's expression upon the announcement
The Top Four pretty and gorgeous ladies.
Add capti
Add caption
Gorgeous Katrina Villanueva, newly crowned Miss Bicol University 2013
Photo by Avant Studios. Mister BUCAL 2013 and Miss BUCS 2013
Photos by Avant Studios. Newly crowned as Mister and Miss Bicol University 2013
From L-R: Kat's classmate, Yobo, Kat and I
From L-R: Kuya Anthony (their cousin), Mister BU 2013 - Carl, Miss BU 2013 - Kat, Tito, Yobo and I
It was really a night to remember for our pretty and gorgeous Katrina Villanueva. Looking forward to witnessing her phases as she gets more titles for her next beauty reigning moments. And surely we are confident that she'll get it again.

** some photos are credited to Avant Studios, Wang, Johnry Lastimosa and Shanti.

Latest Instagrams

© Ajeinomoto: Spices + Everything Nice. Design by Fearne.